Darkest Dungeon: Ancestral Edition
Not yet reviewed.
Darkest Dungeon: Ancestral Edition is a challenging gothic roguelike turn-based RPG about the psychological stresses of adventuring.
Recruit, train, and lead a team of flawed heroes through twisted forests, forgotten warrens, ruined crypts, and beyond. You’ll battle not only unimaginable foes, but stress, famine, disease, and the ever-encroaching dark. Uncover strange mysteries, and pit the heroes against an array of fearsome monsters with an innovative strategic turn-based combat system.
- Striking hand-drawn gothic crowquill art style
- Innovative turn-based combat pits you against a host of diabolical monsters
- Narration system to celebrate your successes...and failures
- 16 (and counting!) playable hero classes, including Plague Doctor, Hellion, and even the Leper!
- Classic CRPG and roguelike features, including character permadeath, procedural dungeons, and incredible replay
The Crimson Court DLC Includes:
- A new hero class: The Flagellant
- A new dungeon region: The Courtyard.
- A full faction of new deadly foes.
- 5 new Bosses with some of the most complex and devious mechanics yet.
- A new wandering boss: The Fanatic.
- Districts: 10 new buildings to upgrade your Hemlet.
- Massive, sprawling maps with locked doors, prisoner rooms and progess saves.
- Lore-driven trinket sets for all heroes - with set bonuses!
The Shieldbreaker DLC includes:
- New hero class: The Shieldbreaker.
- Dynamic, tactical skill set for the Shieldbreaker featuring all new combat mechanics including: Armor Piercing, Guard Break, and Stealth.
- Shieldbreaker class-specific trinkets, including a set.
- 3 New Monsters - frightful illusions from the Shieldbreaker's origin, now slithering forward to infest the Estate.
- New Consumable Item - Aegis Scale, providing a last bastion of protection for when a hero truly needs it.
|Primary Format - Games||Playstation 4|
|Game Genre||Role Playing Game|
|Consumer Advice||Mature themes and violence|
|Game developer||Red Hook Studios|
|Game publisher||Merge Games|