Redout: Lightspeed Edition
Not yet reviewed.
Redout is a tribute to the classic racing monsters such as F-Zero, WipeOut, Rollcage, and POD. It is designed to be an uncompromising, fast, tough and satisfying driving experience, soaked in that vertigo that stands at the core of the arcade racing genre. The floating system and driving models are based on physics: each turn, slope, hard braking, acceleration, each turn and twist of the track will apply a unique force to the ship. A sharp low-polygon style blends meshes and terrains with the latest state-of-the-art shading and lighting effects provided by the Unreal Engine 4, creating beautiful and instantly recognizable aesthetics. Breezy coastlines, eerie frozen landscapes, vast desert plains: the melancholic, dystopian atmosphere of a semi abandoned Earth is the background for the most high-speed, tense and beautiful futuristic racing clashes.
Pockets of humans are crawling their lives away in a few slums, descendants of those who were left behind or refused to leave. Others created huge conurbations, based upon some of the most populous cities once on Earth. Most of humanity, though, has moved on the Moon, Mars, Titan, and other Jupiter’s moons. Earth is often used as a location for entertainment events like hi-speed races, futuristic amusement parks and zoo parks, which allows local communities to work and profit in a harsh environment. One of the most popular sports is the SRRL, or Solar Redout Racing League: the fastest racing league ever created, where humanity's best pilots drive high speed anti-gravity ships on magnetic tracks, risking their lives at each and every corner, in exchange for never-ending glory.
- Includes Europa and Neptune DLC, plus a format exclusive livery for all your ships.
- Split screen to race against a friend / online multiplayer mode for up to 6 players.
- Career mode - +100 events to race, experience, levels.
- Ship Upgrade - 4 upgrade categories for each ship: Engine, Magnets, Structure, Energy.
- A Diverse World - 30 tracks scattered around 6 locations on a post-apocalyptic Earth, plus boss circuits
- Different Challenges - 11 event types: Race, Pure Race, Time Attack, Pure Time Attack, Speed, Instagib, Survival, Score Based Endurance, Last Man Standing, Boss, Arena Race
- Create your story - 7 racing teams, each requiring a different driving approach, and 4 increasingly fast racing classes
- Powerups - 12 racing-focused, upgradable powerups: additional turbo, shields, self-repair drone, advanced grip system, slipstream enhancers, and more
Speed. Redout is the fastest game ever made. If you can handle it. It's not about the numbers you see on screen, it's about the vibrations, the landscape and buildings flying by, the high-speed collisions, the effects, the sounds, the immersion: everything is meant to feel like you're going FAST.
Online & Offline Multiplayer. Challenge up to 6 players from around the globe, or a friend head-to-head in the brand new split screen mode, to find out who the best Redout pilot is.
Handling. Control is the most important feeling when you are racing at 800km/h. Redout features believable physics derived from quad-copters controllers and real magnetic forces. We came up with the next generation in AG handling. There's always a way to face a corner without braking, but you must prepare for it and use everything you've got. Steer, strafe and turbo out of a corner are the basics: upgrades and power-ups will grant you even more control on your ship's behavior. You'll need to dominate your ship before you face the advanced tracks.
A Rich Context. AD 2560. Earth stripped of its natural resources. Global warming caused the melting of the northern polar ice cap, tropical storms ravage all areas that didn’t suffer from desertification.
|Primary Format - Games||Playstation 4|
|Consumer Advice||Very mild science fiction violence, online interactivity|
|Game developer||34 Big Things|
|Game publisher||505 Games|
Please try again.
^Discounts apply to most recent previous ticketed/advertised price. As we negotiate on price, products are likely to have sold below ticketed/advertised price in stores prior to the discount offer. Prices may differ at airport & express stores.