Sigma 56mm F1.4 DG DN Contemporary Lens (Sony E-Mount)
- Aperture Range: f/1.4 to f/16
- One SLD Element, Two Aspherical Elements
- Super Multi-Layer Coating
Not yet reviewed.
The first of the series is the standard lens 30mm F1.4 DC DN | Contemporary, and the second is the wide-angle lens 16mm F1.4 DC DN | Contemporary. The third addition is this smallest mid-tele lens in its class, 56mm F1.4 DC DN | Contemporary. While retaining the compact, lightweight, and outstanding image quality concepts of the Contemporary line, thanks to SIGMA’s leading-edge technology, this lens provides the amount of bokeh and admirable brightness expected from F1.4 lenses even in the mid-tele range. This addition completes the large aperture series comprised of portable wide-angle, standard, and telephoto lenses.
* The smallest in its class among F1.4 mid-tele lenses for APS-C mirrorless cameras
* About the lens name SIGMA lenses with “DC” in the name are designed for optimal performance on cameras with APS-C image sensors. When a DC lens is used with a camera with a full-frame image sensor, vignetting will occur. Photographers are advised to adjust image area settings for optimal image results. SIGMA lenses with “DN” in the name are designed for optimal performance on cameras with a short flange back distance.
Smooth AF ideal for video shooting
The combination of optical design for video AF and use of the stepping motor enables smooth and quiet autofocus.This lens is also compatible with the Sony E-mount Fast Hybrid AF, achieving precise AF tracking. By using the face recognition or eye AF functions of cameras, focus will continuously be on the face or the eye even if the subject moves during the shoot.
High-precision, rugged brass bayonet mount
The brass mount combines high precision with rugged construction. Its treated surfaces and enhanced strength contribute to the exceptional durability of the lens.
Mount with dust- and splash-proof construction
The mount features a special sealing to make the lens an excellent choice in a wide variety of conditions.
Designed to minimize flare and ghosting
From an early stage in the lens design process, flare and ghosting have been measured to establish an optical design resistant to strong incident light sources such as backlighting. SIGMA’s Super Multi-Layer Coating reduces flare and ghosting to help photographers produce sharp and high contrast images even in backlit conditions. The included lens hood can be attached to block out extraneous light, which can have a negative effect on rendering performance.
The 9-blade rounded diaphragm creates an attractive blur in the out-of-focus areas of the image.
|Camera lens type||Standard everyday|
|Camera lens recommended use||Everyday|
|Lens diameter (mm)||66|
|Lens filter diameter (mm)||55|
|Lens mount type||Sony E-mount|
|Manufacturer's warranty||2 Years|
Please try again.