Queen & Adam Lambert - Live Around The World (JB Hi-fi Australian Exclusive Red Vinyl)
Limited Red Vinyl! Exclusive To JB Hi-Fi In Australia!
Queen + Adam Lambert live to date: 218 shows, Total audience 3,659,232
But here's one thing they haven't done until now: Queen + Adam Lambert to release first LIVE album!
Since their first performance together in 2009 when Queen members Brian May and Roger Taylor appeared as guests in the finale of the eighth season of American Idol on which Lambert was a contestant, the combination of Queen + Adam Lambert has gone on to become one of the world's most successful touring bands. Their most recent tour of Oceania saw them selling out to massive audiences, with a single show at Sydney's ANZ Stadium drawing a record crowd of over 60,000. To date the band has played to a worldwide audience approaching 4 million.
Had these been different times, Brian, Roger and Adam would have just ended a further tour with a run of a massive run of 27 shows across 9 European countries.
Having been forced by the arrival of Covid-19 to shut down their imminent 2020 European summer tour Queen + Adam Lambert looked to other ways to compensate the almost half a million fans already holding tickets.
They turned first to YouTube. No strangers to the platform with 12.5 million subscribers already following them, the band presented a special Queen + Adam Lambert 'Tour Watch Party', an hour-long compiled show featuring live highlights from previous tours across the world. The positive engagement from worldwide fans showed that despite the world blackout of live shows, for the band and for fans, the show could still go on.
But it wasn't only the more than 500,000 who viewed the special who were impressed. So were the band themselves. "We hadn't really watched those clips before, we were always too busy touring" says Roger Taylor. "We weren't aware of how good the band sounded. So we thought, well, maybe there's a live album of highlights of concerts that we've done over the last eight years with Adam Lambert to be made."
Hinted at in interviews recently, Queen + Adam Lambert have now confirmed they will release a special Queen + Adam Live Around the World compilation package of live highlights from shows literally the world over including events such as Rock in Rio, Brazil and Portugal, the UK's Isle of Wight Festival, Summer Sonic, Japan, selected North America tour shows, and from one of their very last shows before lockdown, at Sydney, Australia's, Fire Fight Australia benefit concert
Adam Lambert says: ' When we couldn't tour this year we wanted to give the fans something in place of that, and a Live album just felt right. It's the first time we have released an album together and we have had a lot of fun putting it together, picking out favourite performances over the past seven years'.
The 2LP features long standing Queen fan favourites as well as rarities such as their versions of the Freddie Mercury penned "Love Kills" and "I Was Born To Love You".
Queen + Adam Lambert's only previously released track, their lockdown version of "You Are the Champions," all the proceeds going towards the Covid-19 Solidarity Response Fund for The World Health Organisation, was viewed close to 4 million times in its first month on YouTube.
|Primary Format - Music||Vinyl|
|Artist||QUEEN & ADAM LAMBERT|
|Music Genre Primary||Pop & Rock|
LP - SIDE A
- 1. Tear It Up (O2 Arena, London, UK, 2018) [3:50]
- 2. Now I'm Here (Summer Sonic, Tokyo, Japan, 2014) [5:38]
- 3. Another One Bites The Dust (Summer Sonic, Tokyo, Japan, 2014) [3:20]
- 4. Fat Bottomed Girls ft. Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders (American Airlines Center, Dallas, USA, 2019) [6:20]
LP - SIDE B
- 1. Don't Stop Me Now (Rock In Rio, Lisbon, Portugal, 2016) [4:05]
- 2. I Want To Break Free (Rock In Rio, Lisbon, Portugal, 2016) [3:35]
- 3. Somebody to Love (Isle of Wight Festival, UK, 2016) [5:53]
- 4. Love Kills (iHeart Radio Theater, Los Angeles, USA, 2014) [4:20]
LP - SIDE C
- 1. I Was Born To Love You (Summer Sonic, Tokyo, Japan, 2014) [4:00]
- 2. Under Pressure (Global Citizen Festival, New York, USA, 2019) [3:50]
- 3. Who Wants To Live Forever (Isle of Wight Festival, UK, 2016) [4:35]
- 4. The Show Must Go On (O2 Arena, London, UK, 2018) [4:14]
- 5. Love Of My Life (O2 Arena, London, UK, 2018) [6:14]
LP - SIDE D
- 1. Bohemian Rhapsody (Firefight Australia, Sydney, Australia, 2020) [2:23]
- 2. Radio Ga Ga (Firefight Australia, Sydney, Australia, 2020) [4:20]
- 3. Ayos (Firefight Australia, Sydney, Australia, 2020) [1:08]
- 4. Hammer To Fall (Firefight Australia, Sydney, Australia, 2020) [5:01]
- 5. Crazy Little Thing Called Love (Firefight Australia, Sydney, Australia, 2020) [4:04]
- 6. We Will Rock You (Firefight Australia, Sydney, Australia, 2020) [2:32]
- 7. We Are The Champions (Firefight Australia, Sydney, Australia, 2020) [4:20]
Please try again.
^Discounts apply to most recent previous ticketed/advertised price. As we negotiate on price, products are likely to have sold below ticketed/advertised price in stores prior to the discount offer. Prices may differ at airport & express stores.