American Epic: The Soundtrack - Ost (180gm Vinyl)
Not yet reviewed.
American Epic, a film series produced by Allison McGourty, Duke Erikson and Director Bernard MacMahon, explores the pivotal recording journeys at the height of the Roaring Twenties, when music scouts armed with cutting-edge recording technology captured the breadth of American music and discovered the artists that would shape our world.
American Epic is an historic, multi-media endeavor that includes:
A three-part historical documentary broadcast series that uncovers the untold story of early American recorded music
Executive produced by T Bone Burnett, Robert Redford, and Jack White
Narrated by Robert Redford
Features ground-breaking, untold stories with never before seen archival film and rare photographs and interviews with the surviving family members of iconic American musicians
A feature length performance film: The American Epic Sessions
Features Jack White, Elton John, Nas, Alabama Shakes, Willie Nelson and more revisiting these historical songs
These sessions were recorded on a restored recording machine from the period. Powered by a pulley and weight, it is the only recording system of this kind left in the world!
Legacy Recordings is collaborating with Columbia Records and Third Man Records on the American Epic music campaign. Legacy Recordings will release a selection of products focusing on the original archival recordings, showcasing these authentic American stories and unheard performances once lost to time, and brought back from the beyond with mesmerizing clarity using state-of-the-art, proprietary restoration techniques and technology.
|Primary Format - Music||Vinyl|
|Label||Legacy / Columbia|
|Music Genre Primary||Soundtracks|
|Music Genre Secondary||Compilation|
LP - SIDE A
- 1. Williamson Brothers & Curry - Gonne Die with My Hammer in My Hand
- 2. Memphis Jug Band - On the Road Again
- 3. Mississippi John Hurt - Frankie
- 4. The Carter Family - Bury Me Under the Weeping Willow
- 5. Lydia Mendoza - Mal Hombre
- 6. Carolina Tar Heels - Peg and Awl
- 7. Sol K. Bright with The Aloha Serenaders - Tomi Tomi
- 8. Big Chief Henry's Indian String Band - The Indian Tom Tom
LP - SIDE B
- 1. Hattie Hart & The Memphis Jugband - Cocaine Habit Blues
- 2. Sister Rosetta Tharpe - Up Above My Head
- 3. Charley Patton - Down the Dirt Road Blues
- 4. Joseph Falcon - Allons A Lafayette
- 5. Frank Hutchison - Stackalee
- 6. Jimmie Rodgers - Waiting for a Train
- 7. The Breaux Brothers with Louis Michot - Jole Blon