An Evening Of New York Songs & Stories (Vinyl)
Not yet reviewed.
Recorded at New York City’s famed Café Carlyle in early 2019, An Evening of New York Songs and Stories includes both familiar songs like "Luka" and "Tom’s Diner" and deep cuts from her catalogue like "Frank and Ava" and "Ludlow Street". The mix of repertoire also features a cover of her late friend Lou Reed’s "Walk on the Wild Side."
Of the album, Vega commented, "It is always a pleasure to play at the Café Carlyle in New York City, where this album was recorded. It is a small exclusive club that has hosted legends from Eartha Kitt to Judy Collins, and is also known to be the place where Jackie Kennedy met Audrey Hepburn."
|Primary Format - Music||Vinyl|
|Music Genre Primary||Folk|
|Music Genre Secondary||Pop & Rock|
- 1. Marlene On The Wall
- 2. Luka
- 3. 'So how many people are here from out of town?'
- 4. New York Is A Woman
- 5. 'This next song takes place on 59th street...'
- 6. Frank and Eva
- 1. 'So I myself came to New York City when I was 2 ½ years old'
- 2. Gypsy
- 3. Freeze Tag
- 4. Pornographer's Dream
- 5. 'This next song is called New York Is My Destination'
- 6. New York Is My Destination
- 1. 'The first time I saw Lou Reed...'
- 2. Walk On The Wild Side
- 3. Ludlow Street
- 4. Cracking
- 5. 'And now we've got a song about those times...'
- 6. Some Journey
- 1. 'I'm gonna close with this song...'
- 2. Tom's Diner
- 3. 'Would you like another one?'
- 4. Anniversary
- 5. Tombstone
- 6. Thin Man
Please try again.
^Discounts apply to most recent previous ticketed/advertised price. As we negotiate on price, products are likely to have sold below ticketed/advertised price in stores prior to the discount offer. Prices may differ at airport & express stores.