Portable Bluetooth speakers
What portable speaker is the best?
Portable Bluetooth speakers give you a heap of flexibility, and a lot of sound, for a top price. There’s plenty of different kinds to choose from across JB’s audio range, including from some of the world’s biggest brands. As well as value, big brands mean the latest technology, a range of features, top designs, and quality you can trust. Our range of big-brand portable wireless speakers includes:
- Sony portable speakers
- Jabra portable speakers
- Marshall Bluetooth speakers
- JBL Bluetooth speakers
- Bose Bluetooth speakers
- Ultimate Ears
Filter by your favourite brands to find the latest releases.
How does a portable Bluetooth speaker work?
While you mightn’t be surprised to know Bluetooth speakers work in a similar way to your radio, it might shock you to know they also have a lot in common with your microwave. Bluetooth portable speakers connect via high-frequency short wave radio to your device. It’s the same frequency your microwave uses, but with a lot, and we mean a LOT, less power. That small amount of power is why the range of a portable wireless speaker is usually about 10 metres or so. Connecting your portable speaker is easy:
- Turn pairing mode on your speaker
- Switch Bluetooth on your device
- Click the speaker name on your device
- Connect and listen
There is a heap of different Bluetooth speaker options at JB across our speaker range, such as:
Are Bluetooth speakers as good as wired speakers?
There are plenty of reasons to choose a Bluetooth speaker over a wired speaker. While the sound quality may not be as good at the higher professional end, JB’s portable speakers have a lot going for them, including:
- Cleaner. No wires mean less clutter, visual and literal.
- Easy setup. One button and you’re done.
- Connectivity. Link multiple devices and multiple speakers at once.
- Sound quality. Bluetooth speakers have come a long way and are perfect for most uses. You’ll notice the best bass models.
- Versatile. Put your Bluetooth speakers wherever you want.
What portable Bluetooth speaker is the loudest?
Speakers such as the JBL Boombox, UE Boom range, and Bose Soundlink pack a big punch for their size. But as a general rule, the bigger the better. The loudest noise is just one of the quality features you’ll find in JB’s range of portable speakers. You’ll also get:
- Flexibility. Easy to carry and perfect for a park or a party.
- Big battery. Long battery lives of 20 hours and more. And fast recharging.
- Design. They look great and are simple to set up.
- Dust and water resistant. Up to IPX7 waterproof and dustproof.
- Connectable. Link up to 100 other speakers with some brands.
- Accessories. Such as microphone or guitar inputs.
What are the newest Bluetooth speakers?
Use our search filter to search from New to Old. This tech is constantly being updated, so there’s always a lot to look out for. Latest models at JB include the Monster Max Boom Box, Marshall Stockwell II, and JBL Charge5.
^Discounts apply to most recent previous ticketed/advertised price. As we negotiate on price, products are likely to have sold below ticketed/advertised price in stores prior to the discount offer. Prices may differ at airport & express stores.