Which brand hair straightener is best?
JB is the home of big brands in Australia. That means you can put them on your wishlist and be confident you’ll get them at a great price. When it comes to styling tools, being able to use a brand you trust is super important, whether you’re buying them for yourself, or as part of a gift set for someone else. Our top picks for the best brands include:
- Philips. The Pro Hair Straightener has ion conditioning.
- Silver Bullet. The Elysium and titanium hair straighteners are some of our best sellers.
- Remington. Including the Hydraluxe and Keratin and Argan Oil infused straighteners.
- VS Sassoon. Great value with the Straight Brilliance and Frizz Defense straighteners.
How to choose the right hair straightener?
Asking yourself which hair straightener is the right one for you can be a bit of a curly question. So, here’s our top 5 tips for choosing a hair straightener to suit your hair and your style:
- Plate size and design are key. If straightening is a new thing for you, or you don’t do it a lot, a straightener with a larger plate may be a better choice. A larger plate means more hair in each pass.
- Think about heat. If you have curly hair, you may want a straightener that has a higher temperature. If your hair is fragile or thin, consider a lower temperature setting.
- Consider hair type. This is a biggy. If you have frizzy or thick hair, a tourmaline or ceramic straightener can work best. If you have fine hair or straight hair, titanium tongs may be the right choice.
- Choose a big brand. Your hair isn’t something you want to take a chance on. Buy a leading brand for the latest features and a product you can trust.
- Think about other uses. Some straighteners can be used as curling irons. If that’s something you’re keen to do, buy a straightener with rounded edges.
You’ll love the features
JB’s hair straighteners have plenty of features and technologies to look out for, including:
- Floating and cushion plates. Means no friction and temperature stability.
- Multiple heat settings. From about 100° to 230°. Instant and even heat.
- Dual voltage. Use them wherever you go.
- Safety. Auto shut off and heat protection.
- Detangling comb. Detangles as you style your hair.
- Long swivel Get your straightener to the places you need it.
- Funky designs. They all look great. Choose colours including black, white, and rose gold.
What is the best hair straightener for curly hair?
Find the best hair straightener for your hair type at JB, and if you have curly or thick hair, or even a bit of a frizz, that may mean doing a bit of homework first. After all, we’re all about hair styling and protecting those valuable cuticles. Curly hair care means thinking about straighteners with the following features:
- Ceramic plates. A ceramic hair straightener can give you the heat you need.
- Wide plates. If your hair is thick, larger plates can move through it more easily.
- Manoeuvrable. Divide your hair into smaller parts than if you have straighter hair. You’ll need a straightener that can help you do it.
- Heat. The curlier the hair, the more heat you’re going to need.
Remember, to help prevent the frizz, use hairspray after you’ve straightened your curly hair.
^Discounts apply to most recent previous ticketed/advertised price. As we negotiate on price, products are likely to have sold below ticketed/advertised price in stores prior to the discount offer. Prices may differ at airport & express stores.