What are storage devices?
Storage devices are basically an external hard drive for your desktop computer, laptop, or tablet. They’re perfect for all kinds of data storage and media storage, and come in a heap of different options and sizes. JB’s range of storage devices are:
- Great value
- Full of big tech
- Safe and secure
Our storage devices include all the big brands, which means a heap of variety. Brands include:
What are the types of storage devices?
JB has a heap of different storage devices, which means it’s simple to find the right one online or instore. By having such a big range, you get extra flexibility and ensure you get the perfect one for your needs. Our storage devices include:
- Portable hard drives. One of our most popular storage devices. Tough with a heap of space.
- Portable SSDs. A portable hard drive that’s big on speed.
- Desktop drives. Big-storage drives that sit on your desk.
- Games console storage. SSDs and cards designed for all consoles.
- Network storage devices. Large storage devices that are perfect for big jobs or offices.
- Disc drives. Great value portable DVD rewriters.
- SD cards. Memory cards for video and film cameras.
- USB drives. Uber portable with smaller storage capability.
How do storage devices work?
All our storage devices are easy to connect to your computer, laptop, or gaming console. And their software installs itself. All you need to do is plug it in and, if needed, turn it on. Storage devices act the same way as the hard drive on your device. They simply give you extra storage. You can use them as a backup, alongside cloud storage, or you can use them as the main place to store what you want. The latest IT storage devices won’t lag, and are perfect for fast loading or even game playing. There are a few ways to connect:
- USB connectors
- SSD connection that are treated as fixed storage
- SD cars that fit in your camera
Do PS4 storage devices work on PS5?
They certainly do. One of the great things about the PS5 is its backwards compatibility. That means PS4 games work on the PS5 console. If you have PS4 games on a storage device, you can use them on a PS5. And storage devices are a great way to get extra storage on your PS5 as well. Check out our big range of PlayStation and other game consoles online or instore, and use data storage devices to take your gaming to the next level.
How much storage does a computer need?
It’s all up to you. If your media storage includes a lot of videos or photos, 1TB, 2TB, or above is always a safe bet. The latest storage devices start at around 32GB, with JB’s range of storage devices as high as 36 TB.
How much storage do I need for gaming?
If you love gaming, you’ll be keen to increase your game console storage. High-quality games can require extra space, and that’s where our storage devices come in. Modern hard drive console storage includes:
- Xbox Series S - up to 2TB
- Xbox Series X - 512GB
- Xbox One – 500GB
- PS5 - 825 GB
JB’s has a range of storage devices available to increase your console storage capacity today. They’re simple to use, easy to connect, and can help you take your gaming further. Options include:
- Xbox storage – 1, 2, and 5TB
- PS4 and PS5 extra storage – 1, 2, and 4TB
And don’t forget the huge range of storage devices for PC gaming.
^Discounts apply to most recent previous ticketed/advertised price. As we negotiate on price, products are likely to have sold below ticketed/advertised price in stores prior to the discount offer. Prices may differ at airport & express stores.