Which type of heater is right for me?
When winter arrives in Australia, it usually arrives in a big way. We go quickly from enjoying balmy BBQ dinners to snuggling up in our beds with our electric blankets on. So putting a heater on your wish list as early in the year as possible is always a good idea. And that‘s where we come in. JB is the heater hub for any season. This buying guide will give you an idea of what to look for in a heater and help you find the right one for you and your home. Start by looking at the types of heaters online and instore at JB, including:
What is the best heater brand?
JB is the Australian home of big brands. Whether you're looking for heaters, fans, air conditioners, air purifiers or any other appliances, big brands give you a lot. They mean top value, quality design, tough builds and a big warranty. JB‘s range includes:
- DeLonghi. Ceramic and oil column models you’ll love.
- Nobo. Quality products for most budgets.
- Goldair. A big range for all rooms.
- Dimplex. Check out the oil-free column heater.
- Heller. A fan heater for all occasions.
- Kambrook. Stylish personal and room heaters.
- Omega. Enjoy the designs and power.
- Vornado. Heat your whole room with ease.
What are the features of the best heaters?
Whatever type of heater you need, you‘ll find one with a heap of benefits and features at JB. Start your search by working out which one of these is the most important for you and your family.
- Flexibility. Heat your whole room or just yourself.
- Value. Great RRPs and top deals.
- Lots of power. Quality processors means impressive wattage.
- Big displays. LCD screens and soft touch buttons
- Multiple settings. Turbo charge your thermostat or ease into your warmth.
- Safety. Protection against overheating and tipping over with automatic shutdowns and guards.
- Technology. Link your heater to your Smart Home with Wi-Fi, set a timer, or use a remote control.
- Oscillation. Push heat to multiple areas of your room at the same time.
- Portability. Easy to pick up and move to where you need it most.
Which type of heater is best for my room?
A convection heater, or convector heater, is a great option for medium-sized or small rooms such as bedrooms or living rooms. They work a bit differently to other heaters by pulling the air from the room over the heater element. As the warm air rises it keeps your room nice and cosy for long periods of time. There‘s a heap of other features and benefits of convection room heaters, such as:
- Noise. They can be really quiet.
- Moveable. Easy to transport between rooms.
- Powerful. They can pack a big punch.
- Compact. Small but effective.
^Discounts apply to most recent previous ticketed/advertised price. As we negotiate on price, products are likely to have sold below ticketed/advertised price in stores prior to the discount offer. Prices may differ at airport & express stores.