iPhone 14 series
What can we expect with the new Apple iPhone 14 range?
The first difference worth noting with the new Apple iPhone 14 is the range itself. The new iPhone lineup includes:
- iPhone 14
- iPhone 14 Plus
- iPhone 14 Pro
- iPhone 14 Pro Max
The iPhone Plus gives Apple lovers a chance to buy a bigger phone, without having to upgrade to the Pro range with all its special features.
What are the features of the new iPhone?
Every new iPhone brings extra features, either in hardware, software, or design, and the latest iPhone range is no different. You’ll love:
- More power. A new A16 Bionic Chip in the Pro range, the existing A15 for the others, more RAM, and superfast 5G across the board.
- Always-on display. Access some features without turning the phone fully on. Enjoy the 120Hz refresh rate and 2,000 nits brightness, perfect for all sunlight.
- Bigger battery. The biggest battery life ever in an iPhone
- Camera upgrade. The Pro range has a main 48MP camera, an impressive step up from the iPhone 13 Pro, and a quad pixel sensor to make more use of it.
- Satellite connectivity in emergencies. This option has been talked about for a few years. Now it’s here.
- Crash detection. Your new iPhone can detect when you’ve been in a crash and call triple 000 and the emergency contacts stored in your phone.
When is the new iPhone being released?
Most of the iPhone range is available to buy now, with the iPhone 14 Plus expected in early October.
What are the specs of the iPhone 14?
There aren’t too many major design changes with the Apple iPhone 14, but a few of them are noticeable. When it comes to size, the specs are:
- iPhone 14 and iPhone 14 Pro – 6.1 inch
- iPhone 14 Plus and Pro Max – 6.7 inch
That’s a little larger than the main iPhone 13, but not really enough to notice. Another design change is the raised camera bump on the back and the change to the front camera notch in the Pro range. This update is brilliantly interactive with the new IOS 16 software upgrade.
What is the difference between the iPhone 14 and 13?
Aside from the lack of an iPhone Mini, there are a couple of other differences between the Apple iPhone 13 and 14 ranges.
- No notch. The Pro models include the sleeker capsule shape.
- The Plus. The Apple iPhone 14 Plus gives you the size of the Pro Max at a cheaper price.
- Better camera. You’ll notice the difference in the iPhone 14 Pro models. So many features, each of them brilliant,
- RAM upgrade. From 4GB to 6GB.
All in all, getting the iPhone 14 is worth the wait.
Are there any camera upgrades in the iPhone 14?
Once again, the Pro range will have the better hardware camera setup, and there are big software improvements across the range.
- A leap forward for low-light photos
- 3x optical zoom for the Pro range
- 4K HDR video at 24 frames per second
- Action Mode removes shakes
- 48 MP in the Pro and Pro Max – up from 12MP
These details make the iPhone 14 Pro series one of, if not the, best camera phone on the market.
^Discounts apply to most recent previous ticketed/advertised price. As we negotiate on price, products are likely to have sold below ticketed/advertised price in stores prior to the discount offer. Prices may differ at airport & express stores.