Do 5G phones support 4G?
Every new generation of mobile phones supports the previous one. So, yes, 5G mobile phones will support 4G, which means finding a new phone doesn’t mean you have to wait for the 5G coverage to be everywhere. It also means 5G smartphones will give you:
- Extra value
- Big features for tomorrow
- The best of both worlds now
What can 5G phones do?
When you’re upgrading to a 5G handset in Australia, you’ll notice a big difference once you’re connected.
- Speed. 5G download speeds in Australia are now up to 230Mbps
- Latency. No delays. Great for gaming and overall responsiveness
- Capacity. Big crowds won’t create access problems anymore.
Are 5G phones worth it?
With so many great value mobile phones on the market, 5G may be the thing that tips you over the edge for great value, especially with new releases such as the iPhone 15, Google Pixel 8, and Samsung Z range. While it may cost you a little more upfront, the benefits will be worth it if you’re in a 5G area. There are a few things to think about:
- You’ll need a new phone. 5G won’t run on current 4G-only phones
- 4G devices will eventually become old tech
- Older devices might not be able to take advantage of the latest Wi-Fi technologies
- Big brands are already releasing quality 5G phones
- Speak to us about what you need
Which phones support 5G?
Whether you’re looking for Apple iPhones, Samsung Galaxy, Google Pixel, or other Android phones, lots of big brands already have 5G phones on the market. As Australia’s largest tech retailer, JB offers a wide range of 5G phones from your favourite brands, including:
- Apple iPhone 15 series. Including the iPhone 15, iPhone 15 Plus, iPhone 15 Pro, iPhone 15 Pro Max.
- Samsung Galaxy S23 range. Including the Galaxy S23 Ultra, Galaxy S23 Plus, and Galaxy S23.
- Samsung Galaxy Z range. 5G is a great feature for the new Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 5 and Samsung Galaxy Z Flip5.
- The Google Pixel 8 & Pixel 8 Pro range.
- Oppo. The Oppo 5G phones offer big tech at top value.
- Motorola. 5G is a big feature of the new Motorola Edge range.
- Nokia. The Nokia G60, XR21 and X30 models all offer 5G options.
- Realme. The Realme 7 models are great value 5G mobile phones.
- TCL. The TCL phones are packed with features that are easy on the budget.
There is also a heap of great-value accessories to go with the new 5G phones, including iPhone 15 and Samsung Galaxy Z Fold accessories.
Does the iPhone 15 have 5G?
Are 5G phones backwards compatible?
Yes, 5G phones are backwards compatible. Your 4G phone still works with 3G, so it’s something we have come to expect. That helps the value of 5G phones because:
- There may not be 5G everywhere you go
- When you go outside a 5G area, it will work on 4G
Do 5G phones get better reception?
Like everything, reception depends on where you are, but in a standard setting, 5G phones offer faster and more reliable connectivity. Reception for 5G phones will also work a little differently than 4G because it:
- requires no big towers
- needs smaller base stations
- sits on existing street infrastructure
- has more base stations for better reception
How much are 5G phones?
5G phones have a lot more tech than 4G models and will give you a heap of extra benefits in areas that matter, so you’ll probably pay a bit more. At JB, you’ll find value whatever your budget because of our:
- Big Brands
- Top prices
- Unbeatable deals
What’s the difference between 4G and 5G phones?
5G phones have benefits where it matters most, and the best 5G phones take advantage of it. We’re talking about:
- Better technology
- Way faster download speeds
- More reliable at concerts and sports grounds
- Faster response and less lags, especially when gaming
Do I need a 5G phone?
The 5G network means 5G phones have a heap of extra benefits, such as faster speeds, less latency, and bigger capacity in crowded areas. If you have a 5G phone, and the 5G network comes to your area, you’ll love the benefits and features a 5G phone gives you.
^Discounts apply to most recent previous ticketed/advertised price. As we negotiate on price, products are likely to have sold below ticketed/advertised price in stores prior to the discount offer. Prices may differ at airport & express stores.