What is a dehumidifier?
A dehumidifier is a small home appliance available instore and online at JB that can do a few things in your home. It can:
- Purify. Like air purifiers, a dehumidifier can remove impurities such as dust mites from the air inside your home.
- Humidify. Dehumidifiers can adjust the humidity level in your home to cool or heat.
- Dehumidify. One of the key benefits of a dehumidifiers is to remove excess moisture from the air.
They can work alongside other cleaning appliances to help keep your home healthy.
JB has a big-brand dehumidifiers to give you total peace of mind, including models from:
How does a dehumidifier work?
Depending on what you want it for, a dehumidifier works a few different ways. It either removes the moisture from the air, adds moisture to it, or filters the air. It can filter the air while taking out excess moisture, which is a great feature with JB’s range. If you’re taking out excessive moisture, a dehumidifier is great for:
Dehumidifiers use the latest technology, are simple to use, and have displays that give you real-time feedback about the humidity level of your room.
What does a dehumidifier do?
By taking excess moisture out of the air, dehumidifiers have a heap of practical benefits, including:
- Drying clothes. Help your clothes dry faster indoors, and with less wrinkles compared to a dryer.
- Prevent mold. Dehumidifiers are perfect for parts of the house that regularly get mold.
- Airing carpets. Dehumidifiers can help dry carpets and rugs.
JB’s range of dehumidifiers also includes air purifying technology which can mean:
- Less dust
- Less odours
- Less germs
- Less allergens
Is a dehumidifier an air conditioner?
Do dehumidifiers cool a room?
That’s not the core job of dehumidifiers. Some models at JB can spray warm or cool water into the air, which is great to help you sleep on hot or cold nights, the effects won’t be the same as an air conditioner or heater. Instead, dehumidifiers include a heap of other tech, such as:
- Carbon filters to remove odours and smoke
- Prefilters to remove dust and pet dander
- Digital displays
- Sensors to monitor humidity
- Big water tanks
- Great designs
How do you use a dehumidifier?
It’s simply a matter of turning it on, choosing the setting you want, and letting it do its job. A dehumidifier will give you an option of choosing the humidity level you want in your room, usually displayed as a percentage.
^Discounts apply to most recent previous ticketed/advertised price. As we negotiate on price, products are likely to have sold below ticketed/advertised price in stores prior to the discount offer. Prices may differ at airport & express stores.