Which AC is best for your home?
There are a couple of main designs of aircons - evaporative and ones that use refrigerant. Evaporative types drag warm air across wet pads, humidifying and cooling the air and pushing it back out. Refrigerants use a chemical to produce cool air. JB has both. As far as buying guides go, there’s a bit more information to tease out. There are a few different popular air conditioner types to choose from when considering the right one for your home:
- Split system air conditioner. Can be reverse cycle air conditioner or cooling only split system.
- Portable air conditioner. Different sizes and options.
- Window box air conditioner. Also reverse cycle or cooling only.
Split systems have an indoor and outdoor unit. The condenser is the outdoor bit that sucks in the air.
What’s the difference between a window and portable air conditioner?
The first hint is in their names. The in-window or in-wall air conditioners are usually permanent. They sit in the window or wall forever. Portable aircons can be moved around to wherever they’re needed. There are a few other things to consider when comparing:
- Evaporative. Portable aircons can be evaporative. Wall mounted tend to be refrigerant-only.
- Flexibility. Window box appliances can also be heaters. Portable aircons can be dehumidifiers as well.
- Installation. Make sure an electrician installs your window aircon.
- Size. Portable aircons can be big enough to cool a room, or small enough to sit on your desk.
- Price. Portable aircons can be cheaper, but there are great value window appliances at JB.
- Cooling capacity. A wall mounted aircon can be more powerful.
What are the key features of air conditioners?
There are plenty of key features to look for when finding for the best air conditioner for your home. Stay cool with the great range of air conditioners that include:
- Multiple indoor air options. Have cool and warm air flow at different times of the year with both heating and cooling options.
- Wi-Fi connectivity. Smart Home compatibility
- Noise levels. Look for a quiet compressors and sleep and night modes for peace and quiet.
- Latest technology. High performance can make a difference.
- Simple to use. Remote controls and timers are always good features.
- Health focus. Some models include air purifiers to improve air quality.
- Efficiency. Energy efficient split system air conditioning or portable and window aircons can save you money. Inverter ACs can be more efficient.
- Quality designs. JB’s aircons are built to last with designs perfect for Australian conditions.
- No drips. JB has portable aircons that have self-evaporative systems.
Which air conditioner brand should I choose?
JB is the home of big brands in Australia and as Australians know, leading brands mean great value, the latest technology, home appliances you can trust, and a quality warranty. JB’s big brand aircons include:
- Mitsubishi Electric
Use the filters above to search by brand and find out more about which air conditioner has the features and prices that suit you best.
How to choose the right air conditioner?
With all the information above, you should be pretty clear about the options online and instore at JB. So, make your checklist with all that in mind, with a focus on:
- Price. Find one for your budget or checkout our weekly hot deals.
- Room size. Find the aircon with the right power to do the job you want.
- Design. Which type of aircon is suitable, or which do you prefer?
- Technology. Do you like the latest products?
- Availability. Some of JB’s aircons are restricted to, or from, the Qld market.
^Discounts apply to most recent previous ticketed/advertised price. As we negotiate on price, products are likely to have sold below ticketed/advertised price in stores prior to the discount offer. Prices may differ at airport & express stores.