What type of freezer should I buy?
JB’s big range of freezers and fridges makes it easy to find the perfect one for your home. When it comes to stand-alone freezers, there are two main types:
- Chest freezers. Chest freezers are horizontal freezers with a lid that lifts up. They’re usually about waist-high level to an adult and give you a heap of open storage space for your frozen food. They’re also called deep freezers.
- Upright freezers. As the name suggests, upright freezers are vertical freezers. They look like a regular fridge, with doors that open our and baskets and drawers inside.
Search our big collection to find the right one for your needs. Choosing the perfect freezer can be as simple as choosing the right size for your space, or one that suits the type of frozen food you want to store.
JB also has a big range of fridge freezer combination, which can give you extra flexibility, including:
- Side by side fridge freezers. A freezer and fridge next to each other with vertical doors.
- Top mount fridge freezers. Both have doors and the freezer is at the top.
- Bottom mount fridge freezers. Both have doors and the freezer is at the bottom.
- French door fridge freezers. The fridge doors at the top open from the middle and the freezer below can have either doors or drawers.
What is the best brand of freezer?
When it comes to appliances such as freezers, big brands matter. Big brands mean reliability, durability, the latest features, and technology aimed at keeping your freezer temperature perfect. And at JB, big brands also mean great value. Our big brand freezers include
Finding the right one for you means working out what features, tech, and design is perfect for your needs.
What should I look for when buying a freezer?
There’s plenty to consider when buying a freezer. Think about things such as:
- Size. What size freezer do you need, and what size and shape will fit the space you have?
- Features. Read up on tech such as multi-flow air delivery, fast ice, touch controls, and frost free.
- Design. JB’s range of freezers look great. They’re lightweight, sturdy, and come in a heap of different colours.
- Layout. What kind of freezer best suits you? What side do you want the hinges one?
- Price. Use our filter to search by price range to find freezers that fit your budget.
What is the most energy efficient freezer?
Finding the most energy-efficient freezers for your home is easy at JB. Simply use our filter on this page to search by Energy Star Rating. JB’s freezer range includes the latest technology to help keep your power bills down such as door alarms, LED lighting, efficient freezing tech, and easy-to-adjust thermostats.
What is the difference between chest freezer and upright freezer?
There are a few differences between chest freezers and upright freezers, apart from the fact one is a horizontal and the other is a vertical freezer. There are usually more drawers in an upright freezer, which makes it easier to organize your frozen food. And a chest freezer can have more space for larger things, and still have areas to separate different frozen foods.
^Discounts apply to most recent previous ticketed/advertised price. As we negotiate on price, products are likely to have sold below ticketed/advertised price in stores prior to the discount offer. Prices may differ at airport & express stores.