Top mount fridges
What is a top mount fridge?
Top mount fridges are what a lot Australian families would have grown up with. They’re fridges and freezers with the freezer section at the top. Top mount fridges are a popular staple of JB’s home appliances range, with models that suit both bigger and smaller households. They’re a great choice whether you’re looking to upgrade or replace your existing fridge. Other fridges and freezers available instore and online at JB include:
- Bottom mount fridges. The freezer is at the bottom.
- Single-door fridges. Vertical fridges with no freezer section.
- French-door fridges. Freezer at the bottom and a two-door fridge on the top that opens outwards.
- Side-by-side fridges. Tall fridge and freezer next to each other with one door each.
- Bar fridges. A great space-saving option.
What is the best top mount fridge?
Finding the best top mounted fridges in Australia means different things to different people. Some people have price on top of their shopping list. Others will look for an energy-efficient appliance, or choose by delivery times if they’re in a hurry. For a lot of people, the right brand is a big factor in choosing the right top mounted fridge for them. Big brands mean reliability, quality designs, durability, and long warranties. JB is the home of big brands. Instore and online you’ll find:
Should I buy a top mount or bottom mount fridge?
Both top and bottom mount fridges include a heap of technology and design features that make them perfect for most Australian homes. Which one is best for you can come down to things as simple as design, style, and how you access your appliances. There are a lot of pros for both. Top mounted fridges:
- Have the freezer at arm level
- Can be more energy efficient
- Are usually more affordable
- Come in a big range
- Often have more flexible interiors
How do you choose a top mount fridge?
One of the big selling points of all fridges and freezers is technology. And top mount fridges certainly have the latest tech to help keep your food fresh longer. That tech includes things such as:
- Humidity control. Perfect for fruit and vegies
- Clever shelving. Spill safe and tempered glass.
- Touch screens. Makes controls easier to use.
- Smart kitchen features. Smart diagnosis and connectivity.
- Temperature controls. Tech that gets the cold air where it needs to be.
- Quiet motors. You’ll hardly notice them.
Features can be just as important as tech to fridge buyers. And big features are another reason top mounted fridges are popular. JB’s range includes appliances with handy features such as:
- Modern designs
- Cool colours
- Water dispensers
- Ice makers
- Adjustable interiors
- Feature lighting
- Fridge accessories
^Discounts apply to most recent previous ticketed/advertised price. As we negotiate on price, products are likely to have sold below ticketed/advertised price in stores prior to the discount offer. Prices may differ at airport & express stores.