What is the difference between a side-by-side fridge and a French door fridge?
Put a side by side refrigerator and freezer on your JB wish list and enjoy the benefits and convenience it will bring to your kitchen. As the below Buying Guide shows, there are plenty of reasons to buy one, especially with the hot deals instore and online. If you’re tossing up between a side-by-side or French door fridge, consider these differences before you buy:
- Layout. Side-by-side fridges have the freezer and fridge components next to each other from the floor up.
- Cost. A side-by-side can be cheaper than a French door.
- Access. Add a side-by-side fridge to your wish list if you want easier access to freezer storage space.
- Design. Side-by-sides can be taller and thinner, which can mean a sleeker look.
What size capacity do side-by-side fridges come in?
Capacity preference is always on a fridge and freezer wish list, along with style, colour, and physical size. At JB you can search by all those, as well as energy star rating, price, water dispenser, and brand. When it comes to capacity, use our filters to narrow down your search between:
- 600 to 699 litres
- 500 to 599 litres
Popular side-by-side fridge freezers
If you’ve got a side-by-side refrigerator and freezer combo on your wish list, then JB is the place to go. With features such as ice & water dispensers, clever storage, innovative cooling technology, and sleek designs, some of our most popular side-by-side fridge freezers include:
Side by side refrigerators aren’t the only fridges that offer top value at JB. We also stock a quality range of top-mount and bottom-mount fridges, single-door fridges, French door fridges, bar fridges, and wine fridges. One of the reasons people have a side-by-side fridge on their wish list instead of any of these others is the convenience they can bring. That convenience includes:
- Single door operation. You only need one door to open the fridge or freezer.
- Freezer visibility. Clever shelving and only limited stacking.
- Accessibility. No drawers means closer access.
- Flexibility. Enjoy maximum storage with greater flexibility. Plumbed or non-plumbed models.
Extra features that will make life easier
A side by side refrigerator gives you extra features that make it easier to do those everyday things you can sometimes take for granted. They also feature some innovative technology to keep your food fresh, tech that will see them rise to the top of your upgrade or replacement wish list. Enjoy:
- Spill-containing designs
- Filtered water and ice makers
- See-through knock screens
- Wine racks
- All-round cooling
- Power cool and freeze, perfect for Australia
- Deodorizer as the air is filtered
- Plumbed and non-plumbed water dispensers
- Wi-Fi connectivity
- Thin walls for more storage
- Utility boxes
- Energy efficiency
- A lot more
At JB, we have side-by-side fridges that are great value for all budgets. If you have something a little extra on your wish list, you’ll love our range of premium appliances. They include models with sleek and flat minimalist designs, stunning colours that make them the feature of most kitchens, and Smart Home technology. Here’s a few to add to your wish list to check out today.
Brands we know and trust
JB is the home of top brands in Australia. That’s just as important when you’re buying small kitchen appliances such as coffee machines or microwaves, as it is larger appliances like fridges, dishwashers, washing machines, or dryers. Put a leading brand on your wish list for products that are built to last, are top value, feature the latest accessories, and have quality warranties. JB stocks side-by-side fridges from well-known and trusted brands such as:
^Discounts apply to most recent previous ticketed/advertised price. As we negotiate on price, products are likely to have sold below ticketed/advertised price in stores prior to the discount offer. Prices may differ at airport & express stores.