Which type of microwave oven is best?
If you’ve got a new microwave on your wishlist, there’s a few different kinds on the market to consider. All with different features and advantages:
- Convection microwave oven. Also known as combination ovens, convection microwaves do it all - steam, crisp, reheat and cook - with one or two heating elements.
- Non convection microwave oven. These conventional microwaves are limited to heating up or defrosting food. Can be cheaper and smaller.
- Inverter microwave oven. Inverter microwaves even out the flow of power for a more stable cooking process.
How much power do microwaves use?
Microwaves are popular for a heap of reasons, the main one being how quickly they heat up, cook, or defrost food. That means they’re more efficient than a regular oven. As a result, they use way less power. Microwaves come with different power levels, which gives you extra flexibility in what they can do, and how much power they use doing it. When it comes to wattage, you can choose from a range of different options at JB, including:
- 700w microwaves
- 750w microwaves
- 1000w microwaves
- 1100w microwaves
- 1200w microwaves
Like fridges, freezers, and dishwashers, microwave sizes are measured in litres. Whether you’re after a large or compact microwave oven, look for information such as 34l inverter microwave, 25l microwave, 32l microwave. Usually, the bigger they are, the more power they need to run.
Big brands make a difference
JB is the home of big brand home and kitchen appliances, from dryers and washing machines to vacuums and coffee machines. Big brands mean great value and RRP, a warranty you’ll love, reliability, the latest products, and top designs. JB has all the latest brands and features of microwaves online and in-store, including:
- Breville. Including the Combi 3 in 1.
- LG. The LG Neochef smart inverter microwave oven (MS2336DB) is a popular oven.
- Panasonic. You’ll love their Flatbed microwave range.
- Samsung. Such as the 28l 100w stainless steel oven (ME6104ST1)
- Sharp. Compact and inverter ovens.
- Solt. Great value smaller microwaves.
Enjoy the features
Microwaves are popular in Australia for more than just the convenience of having a freestanding oven on your benchtop. The latest appliances include a heap of features Aussies also love, such as:
- Versatility. Easily defrost, cook, or even grill microwave food and perfect for reheating.
- Quiet. Both during operation when you open and close the door.
- Pre-set functions. Short cuts that do it all.
- Technology. Sensor microwaves that take the guesswork out of cooking.
- Designs. Matte black, silver, white, and stainless steel microwaves that look great and have stable turntables.
How do I find the best microwave for me?
There are a few things to consider when finding the right countertop microwave for your kitchen.
- Value. Check out the amazing deals which might list some popular microwaves.
- Easy to use. One-touch controls and a big range of functions.
- Favourite brand. Do you have a brand you love? If you have brands of toasters, heaters, airfryers, food mixers, or dishwashers you love, maybe you want to stick with it.
- Featured products. From time-to-time JB will highlight from popular or new products.
^Discounts apply to most recent previous ticketed/advertised price. As we negotiate on price, products are likely to have sold below ticketed/advertised price in stores prior to the discount offer. Prices may differ at airport & express stores.