Schizophrenic Psychedelia (Vinyl) (Reissue)
Not yet reviewed.
The Idle Race were a British rock group from Birmingham in the late 1960s and early 1970s who garnered a cult following but never enjoyed mass commercial success. In addition to being the springboard for Jeff Lynne’s career, the band holds a place of significance in British pop-rock history as a link between The Move, Electric Light Orchestra, The Steve Gibbons Band and Mike Sheridan and The Nightriders.
In 1967, the band was the first major signing by the new British arm of Liberty Records. Only their first single (not issued in the UK) and their first album got released in the US on Liberty. The band was well received by the press for their melodies, whimsical lyrics and inventive production. They often appeared live in performance with such bands as The Spencer Davis Group, The Who, The Small Face, Pink Floyd, The Moody Blues, Status Quo, Tyrannosaurus Rex, Yes and Free. BBC disc jockeys such as John Peel and Kenny Everett were big champions of the group.
Despite critical respect and famous admirers such as The Beatles and Marc Bolan, The Idle Race failed to catch fire with the public. After suffering through bad luck that sabotaged their efforts in releasing singles Here We Go ‘Round The Lemon Tree, The Skeleton and the Roundabout, and The End Of The Road, the band splintered, leaving in their wake several of the quirkiest and most distinctive pop records of the psychedelic era.
|Primary Format - Music||Vinyl|
|Artist||IDLE RACE, THE|
|Label||Light In The Attic Records|
|Music Genre Primary||Pop & Rock|
- 1. (Here We Go) Round the Lemon Tree (mono)
- 2. My Father's Son (mono)
- 3. Impostor's of Life's Magazine (mono)
- 4. Sitting in My Tree (mono)
- 5. The Skeleton and the Roundabout (stereo)
- 6. Knocking Nails Into My House (mono)
- 7. End of the Road (stereo)
- 8. Morning Sunshine (stereo) 9. Days of Broken Arrows (mono)
- 9. Worn Red Carpet (mono)
- 10. Neanderthal Man (mono)
- 11. Victim of Circumstance (mono)
- 12. In the Summertime (stereo)
- 13. Told You Twice (stereo)
- 14. Lucky Man (Alternate Take)
- 15. Follow Me Follow (Alternate Take)
Please try again.