What type of dryer should I buy?
Shop JB for the latest types of dryers that will dry clothes quickly, thoroughly, and effectively, for a great price. The starting point is choosing the right one for you:
- Heat pump dryer. A heat pump tumble dryer turns the humid air to vapour using a compressor and refrigerant. Also called a heat pump condensing dryer.
- Vented dryer. These appliances vent the hot air and the vapour out, either from the back or the front. Always best to use in a ventilated room, or buy a kit so they can vent outside.
- Condenser dryer. A condenser dryer turns the vapour into water, which it stores and is manually emptied after each cycle.
- Washer dryer combos. As their name suggests, they can do both in one run.
- Drying cabinets. Gentler drying to remove wrinkles and reduce ironing.
Which is better a vented or condenser dryer?
If you’re looking to buy a dryer, the main decision is usually between the condenser and vented tumble dryer. They both have benefits and both do a great job. They also both have lint filters, which we all look like being stuck with for a while yet! Here’s a few things to consider when weighing up a condenser vs vented dryer.
- Price. Vented dryers can be cheaper to buy. They may be more energy efficient, but sometimes only marginally.
- Time. A vented dryer will take less time to dry your clothes.
- Weight. With the added tech, a condenser can weigh more.
- Location. You can put a condenser anywhere and in any room. You don’t need to worry about ventilation.
- Technology. Condensers can have more features, functions, and settings.
- Setup. If you have a front load washing machine and want to stack your dryer on top, a vented dryer may be more suitable.
Which dryer is the right one for me?
Finding the best clothes dryer for your needs means thinking about:
- Energy efficiency and energy rating
- Finish and design
- Laundry space
- Side by side or wall mount
What brand dryer is the best?
Leading brands mean value, reliability, and a quality warranty. Leading brand dryers in-store and online at JB include:
- Asko. Up to 10kg of capacity.
- Beko. Check out the new release 9kg heat pump dryer.
- Bosch. Enjoy the stunning 8kg heat pump dryer.
- Electrolux. Electrolux 6kg to 9kg machines.
- Fisher & Paykel. You’ll love the 7kg vented dryer (DE7060G2)
- Haier. Such as the popular SensorDry Vented Dryer (HDV40A1)
- Hisense. Heat pump dryers at great value.
- LG.. Heat pump dryers up to 10kg, and drying cabinet.
- Samsung. 8kg heat pumps dryers and full care system.
- Westinghouse. Including the popular 4.5kg vented clothes dryer for smaller spaces.
What are the features of the latest dryers?
There’s a few features that go into effortless drying with our range of dryers, including:
- Smart Home Wi-Fi connection
- Anti-wrinkle cycles
- Drying rack
- Powerful processors
- Multiple speeds
- Interior lights
^Discounts apply to most recent previous ticketed/advertised price. As we negotiate on price, products are likely to have sold below ticketed/advertised price in stores prior to the discount offer. Prices may differ at airport & express stores.