What are media streaming devices?
A media player, or TV media player, is a media streaming device that works with your TV to help you watch what you want to, when you want to. They’re easy to connect to all TVs, including the latest models and connected TVs, and will help you get more out of your tech.
They include products such as
How to use media streaming devices?
A media player is easy to use, whether it’s a media streaming device such as Google Chromecast, a theatre projector, Blu-ray player, or any of the big-brand set-top boxes on the market. Connection is simple. You either:
- Use existing accounts. Plug in, turn on and connect through your existing streaming service such as Apple TV or Foxtel Now.
- Use the Wi-Fi. Your media player, including a 4K Smart projector, may just need to connect to your Wi-fi and then use it through your Smart Home tech.
- Plug in. Google Chromecast or Amazon Fire Stick plug in as a TV media player via a USB port.
Then it’s just a matter of following the instructions and streaming what you want when you want. You can also connect game consoles through a TV media player.
How do streaming devices work?
A media player will work either of two ways. It can connect your device – phone, tablet, or computer – to your TV, or it can act like a set-top box and allow you to access movies and TV shows from streaming services such as Apple TV or Foxtel, and free-to-air channels. That means you can:
- Use your TV as a big media streaming device
- Watch movies and TV shows when you want
- Access other apps
- Catchup on free-to-air movies and TV shows
- Record free-to-air TV
Which is the best media streaming device?
JB has a big range of media player options and they’re all great. The best one for you really depends on what media streaming devices or service you have, what you want to do with your TV media player, and how you want to connect it. They include:
- Big features. Including access to a range of movies and TV shows, free-to-air pausing and rewind, recording, remote controls if suitable, premium channels, and a heap more.
- Easy connectivity. Either through your Wi-fi or into your TV via HDMI or USB ports
- Brilliant sound and picture. 4K media players deliver it all.
And if you’re into big brands, you’ll love our media player range, with brands such as:
Whatever TV media player you choose, make the most of it with a range of other gear from JB including:
What is the Apple TV 4K?
The Apple TV 4K (2nd generation) gives you all your regular Apple services, as well as its impressive TV streaming service. There are two storage options – Apple TV 4K 32gb and Apple TV 4K 64gb – which gives you even more flexibility. The 4K component of Apple TV 4K means a high frame rate HDR, as well as sound quality you’d expect from one of the world’s leading entertainment brands. Compare the Apple TV and Apple 4K TV options online and instore at JB.
Learn more about finding the perfect TV that suits your needs with our TV Finder Tool.
^Discounts apply to most recent previous ticketed/advertised price. As we negotiate on price, products are likely to have sold below ticketed/advertised price in stores prior to the discount offer. Prices may differ at airport & express stores.