How do I trade my old unwanted games?
- Grab your old games and head into your local JB HI-FI store with the required identification.
- Talk to one of our games staff who will quickly tell you how much store credit your games are worth.
- Use your credit towards anything else in store!
TRADE IN DEALS TERMS & CONDITIONS
What you can trade in: Trades will ONLY be accepted on games from the following categories:
- PlayStation 4
- Xbox One
- Nintendo Switch
What you cannot trade in:
Trades will NOT be accepted on games from the following categories:
- PS Vita
- Nintendo 3DS
- Nintendo Wii U
- Nintendo Wii
- Gameboy Advance
- Retro (Super Nintendo, Nintendo 64, Playstation 1 etc)
- Gaming accessories (on any format - this includes controllers, steering wheels, light guns, memory cards etc)
- Gaming Consoles (PS2, PS3, PS4, XBOX, XBOX 360, XBOX ONE, Wii, Wii U, NS, etc.)
- Burnt/Pirated Games
- Demo Games
- Sample/Promo Games
- Games that do not carry an Australian Rating/Classification
- Imported NTSC software/games purchased overseas (these will not work on the majority of Australian consoles)
Other points to consider are:
The following will prevent trade ins or lower the trade in price offered -
- The game is missing its original case/cover
- The game is badly scratched
- The game has no instruction manual
- The game has no slick
Maximum of 1 copy of any particular title per transaction per person each day.
For 'Free when you Trade' promotions, no multiples of the same game will be permitted. Inclusions/Exclusions apply.
Please note that you may be required to download/purchase additional content to play some of the pre-owned games online.
We only trade in games towards other product in store – we do not trade in for cash. Further to this our NSW, ACT and WA stores do not trade in towards any form of store credit (Gift Vouchers or otherwise).
You must be over the age of 18 in order to trade-in a game. Photo ID (drivers’ licence, proof of age card, Australian passports and (in all states other than SA) international passports) required. Additional identification documents may be required if photo ID does not show residential address for all goods traded-in. Trade-in offer is available-in store only. Value of your trade-in is determined by the make, condition of your game and is only valid until COB on the same day as quoted. Games only accepted as a trade-in against goods purchased in-store (Games are not traded-in for cash).
In W.A, all goods traded-in must have been purchased by you as new goods (i.e. you cannot trade-in goods that were originally purchased by you as second-hand goods), and if the trade-in value of the goods traded-in by you (as assessed by JB Hi-Fi) is $200 or more, then you must produce proof of purchase for the goods.
You cannot be under the influence of drugs or alcohol when you are trading in products. You will receive a docket to co-sign by a staff member.
JB Hi-Fi Group Pty Ltd, is a Registered Second-Hand Dealer (QLD, VIC, NT, SA, TAS)
Terms and conditions apply. Trade in values subject to change at any time. All items on this page are advertised in good faith to be currently available. However, unforeseen manufacturing, supply or delivery problems or unexpected demand may occasionally result in stock unavailability. Rainchecks will be offered where possible. Purchase limit rights reserved. Unless otherwise stated, accessories shown are extra. Ratings Classifications: G suitable for all ages. G8+ suitable for persons 8 years and over. M suitable for persons 15 years and over. MA15+ restricted to persons 15 years and over. E exempt from classification. PG parental guidance. R18+ Restricted to adults 18 years and over.