After his triumphantly received debut album for Deutsche Grammophon devoted to J. S. Bach’s violin concertos, the young Swedish violinist Daniel Lozakovich now delves into the Tchaikovsky repertoire. “None But The Lonely Heart” is a veritable Tchaikovsky treasure chest, presenting the famous Violin Concerto and other romantically melancholic orchestral and solo masterpieces by the great Russian composer. For this album Lozakovich has been working again with Vladimir Spivakov. The conductor enabled the young violinist to give his solo début. It took place on 21 May 2010 in Moscow’s Svetlanov Hall, where the amazed audience heard a barely nine-year-old boy play the Méditation, from Jules Massenet’s opera Thaïs. The recordings on this album were made in the same venue nine years later, again with the Russian National Philharmonic under Maestro Spivakov.
Primary Format - Music
Music Genre Primary
1. Allegro moderato
2. Canzonetta. Andante
3. Finale. Allegro Vivacissimo
4. Lenskys Aria (Kuda, kuda, vï udalilis) paraphrase from Eugene On egin, Act 2 arr. for violin and orchestra
5. None but the Lonely Heart, Romance op. 6 no. 6 for violin and piano
6. Souvenir dun lieu cher op. 42: 3. Mélodie for violin and piano
7. Valse sentimentale op. 51 no. 6 for violin and piano
8. Souvenir dun lieu cher op. 42: 1. Méditation for violin and orchestra
9. Valse-scherzo op. 34 for violin and orchestra
$29.99+ DELIVERY FROM$1.99
Special order online
^Discounts apply to most recent previous ticketed/advertised price. As we negotiate on price, products are likely to have sold below ticketed/advertised price in stores prior to the discount offer. Prices may differ at airport & express stores.