Party Of One
After 15 million albums sold worldwide, more than 8,000 live shows, and an uncompromising catalog of hits that has certified him as one of rock's most relentless entertainers, the bad-to-the-bone icon has returned home to Rounder Records to release the first solo record of his 40+ year career.
'Party Of One' is Thorogood's long-awaited tribute to the artists that shaped his musical consciousness.
Produced by Grammy-winner Jim Gaines – known for his work with John Lee Hooker, Luther Allison and Stevie Ray Vaughan, as well as several of Thorogood's biggest discs — the 15 cuts on 'Party Of One' are a potent platter of traditional blues, classics, and modern blues benchmarks.
The album sees Thorogood covering blues masters such as Robert Johnson, John Lee Hooker, and Elmore James, as well as other legends, including The Rolling Stones, Johnny Cash, and Bob Dylan. The primarily acoustic instrumentation – including slide, Dobro, and harmonica – is performed entirely by Thorogood live in the studio with minimal overdubs.
As Thorogood himself says, "This record is what I was, what I am, and what I always will be."
|Primary Format - Music||CD|
|Music Genre Primary||Blues & Roots|
- 1. I'm A Steady Rollin' Man (Robert Johnson)
- 2. Soft Spot (Gary Nicholson and Allen Shamblin)
- 3. Tallahassee Women (John Hammond Jr.)
- 4. Wang Dang Doodle (Willie Dixon)
- 5. Boogie Chillen (John Lee Hooker)
- 6. No Expectations (The Rolling Stones)
- 7. Bad News (Johnny Cash)
- 8. Down The Highway (Bob Dylan)
- 9. Got To Move (Elmore James)
- 10. Born With The Blues (Brownie McGhee)
- 11. The Sky Is Crying (Elmore James)
- 12. The Hookers (If You Miss 'Im...I got 'Im) (John Lee Hooker)
- 13. Pictures From Life's Other Side (Hank Williams)
- 14. One Bourbon, One Scotch, One Beer (John Lee Hooker)
- 15. Dynaflow Blues (Robert Johnson) (extra track)